The Truth About What I Believe, Pt One
1.Today I'm going to share 10 Points about What I Believe and Why!
Hi and Welcome back to Freedom Speaks! I’m back after a two week break and “No,” I didn’t even get to that Ad, Program. But, I want to talk with you today about “What I believe today- to erase any guessing or suspicions.” You should always know what a person who is teaching you about “God,” believes anyways. So, lets start with a short prayer.
“Father I thank you for your Love, you Wisdom and your forgiveness. Please open the eyes of our understanding that we may know only the truth you have provided for us for us in your word! Thank you for being present as where 2 or more are gathered in your name so shall you be in our midst. Amen- And so it is!”
I guess the best place to start is Genesis, and my childhood beliefs and how they’ve grown or changed over the years. My family of origin was COGIC, I lived with my family of origin till age 12. At age 19 I was introduced to the 7th day Adventist church and held firm in that system 7 years than backslid or let it go. At the time in my life I was angry with God for letting me make bad decisions thinking he was suppose to prevent me from them, not!!! We are always very free to chose and do what we will… even to our detriment!
2. I remember reading the book of Revelation for the first time at age 17 or possibly earlier. I loved the last two chapters about the coming Kingdom and its beautiful description, we’ll read it a bit later! I was always a believer, but there were times when I strayed away from what I believed, was taught or learned and studied other religions and belief systems like New Thought or Science of Mind today!I've studied Religious Science of and on since age 19, Metaphysics which is the foundation of the two above mentioned and just studied period out of interest and, trying to find the “One True Religion!” Only to find that there isn’t one. I came to understand that many people who were discouraged by the religions they were taught were subjected to dangerous New Age beliefs that stem from Ancient and now Modern-day Babylonian regions which teach that “We are God or the Christ.” And I found a lot of African Americans worshiping RA the Sun God and going back into ancient Babylon/Egyptian religions in efforts to ditch the "White Mans God!"
---Yes, the Bible does say, “Don’t you know that ye are “gods,” and children of the most-high! The question then remains, “Are we only “God’s children,” if we accept Christ as our personal savior? According to the Bible, yes! But, we all know that includes living a life that is acceptable unto God.
3. Who are God's children? Spiritual birth makes someone a child of God. It's in the Bible, John 1:12-13, NIV. "To all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God."
God offers us the opportunity to be His children. It's in the Bible, I John 3:1, NIV. "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him."
4. Kingdoms and Rulership
Genesis, tells us that God created man, woman, animals, vegetation, land, heaven, light, moon, stars etc. and that man was created by God/Elohim.
The idea of a reign and a kingdom begin in Genesis with the first man Adam who God created and put the animals and vegetation under his rule or reign. Let’s look at some scripture text!
a. “God,” created= Elohim- God in Genesis chapter one verse one is 430 in the Hebrew meaning more then one or plural. John 1: 1-2 tells us the Jesus, then in Proverbs 8:
b. Christ superior to angels, Hebrews 1:4-14, Angels exist here in verse 14, says they are ministering spirits sent forth to minister to the heirs of salvation.
c. Hebrews 2: 9 says that Jesus will taste death for every man. That for the sake of death he was for a while lower than the angels. 2:17—18, suffered and was tempted to succor those who are tempted to sin.
d. Satan is the god of this world. 2 Cor: 4:4, John 12:31, Luke 10:18, Rev. 9:1, Rev 12:9*- "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceives the whole world, he was cast out into the earth and his angels were cast out with him!"
e. Exodus 20:8-11 I believe in the 7th day Sabbath from sunset on Friday to Sunset on Saturday and I keep it holy to the best of my ability. It was instituted in Genesis after creating God rested on the Seventh Day and commanded us to do the same. That is something that deserves its own time and study so, we’ll get back to that on a later date.
5. I didn’t always live what I believed; as a matter of fact, there were several years that I begin to doubt the Bible because my heart was both broken and hardened by a series of difficult events by “Christians,” I fellow- shipped with. My son recently said, “I had a lot of “church hurt.” And that’s putting it lightly. So, for nearly 2 decades I could barely open my Bible. But, I knew it in my heart. But, I’m back now! So, watch out!
That was not to long ago and it took me a long time to heal and during that time I begin to search for God’s love in other religions. But, what I found was a confusing mixture of truth mixed with ancient Babylonian teachings.
I never turned my back consciously on God, but from religion, yes! More on that later. But I will say that I’m grateful for the experience because it helped me own my truths once again, not just regurgitate what I was taught, but to know, without a doubt that God’s word is true regardless if we as believers or Christians act as if we know God or not.
6. That being said, it does still appear to me that there are some confusing text in the Bible that seem to contradict themselves, but I will speak on that at a later and open the floor for discussion to see what you other Bible thumpers or theologians think. And of course, there are many who will argue that the Bible is God inerrant word, or contains no errors, because that’s what the Bible says.
2 Timothy 3: 14-15- Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman the need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth, but…15 shun profane and vane babblings for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
7. I believe the Gospel is “The Gospel of the Kingdom of God,” to come based on the following scriptures.
Mat 4:23 - And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
Mat 9:35 - And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
Mark 1:1- Jesus went into Galilee after John was put in prison preaching The Gospel of the Kingdom of God.
Mar 1:14 - Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God.
Mat 24:14 - And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Mar 1:15 - And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Acts 19:8 -Paul went into the synagogues and spoke to them 3 months concerning the Kingdom of God!
Act 28:23 - And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him.
Acts 28:31 - Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
Gal 1:8 - But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 - As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:10 - For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
9. What is “The Gospel of Kingdom of God?”
The Bible says the Satan is the God of this World. 2 Cor 4:4, “in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not. John 12:31: “the prince of this world will be cast out.
Satan is the god of this world. 2 Cor: 4:4, John 12:31, Luke 10:18, Rev. 9:1, Rev 12:9*- "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil and Satan, which deceives the whole world, he was cast out into the earth and his angels were cast out with him!"
While many Christians and Teachers are only teaching salvation through Christ Jesus, we should be teaching the Kingdom of God as well because it tells the whole story of wickedness, the plans of Satan through the Kings of the earth and how our Father, the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth and all that is in them is coming back to redeem us from Satan and his minions.
It was never God’s plan for man to suffer at the hands of the evil, but because Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden by eating the fruit from the tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, we all became subjected to sin as a result and our new ruler became Satan. But, only for a time then the earth will be made new just as we read above.
I have so many more wonderful things to share with you so stay tuned.
In the book of Daniel which is a prophetic book about the end times, Nebuchadnezzar has a dream and Daniel interprets it after praying for the interpretation from God. The dream is about the kingdoms of this world lets look at Daniel chapter 2 and read it for ourselves.
. Nebuchadnezzar's Dream See: Daniel 2,7, REV 13, 17:12, Rev 17:8
THE MYSTERY OF THE AGES PAGE 247-249
( https://thebibleproject.com/explore/gospel-kingdom/ )
10. The Kingdom of Heaven
New Jerusalem Revelation 21:16 =1500 miles, (12 thousand furlongs) God Himself is coming to set up His Kingdom on Earth. Stay tuned for more next week.
Bible Gateway Revelation 21 :: NIV. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband...
Read the rest on your own and you won't regret it. Chapter 21 and 22. Don't worry about the rest of the book of Revelation for now!
Please read all the text in this lesson for yourself in your own Bible, or on www.BlueletterBible.com it is a great resource for Biblical studies!
Next week we’ll look at what happens as and after the “Rock,” smites the feet and God’s Kingdom comes down here on earth, and that’s when it gets even more exciting and really good so stay tuned.